Is my house in a flood plain?

The York County Planning Commission (YCPC) staff and your local municipal staff can assist you in determining your property’s location relative to a floodplain. The YCPC has copies of the latest (September 25, 2009) Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as does your municipal office. The FIRMs indicate floodplain boundaries, elevations, and the location of existing structures. For specific questions about building permits and floodplain Ordinance, you should contact the code enforcement officer at your municipal office.

Show All Answers

1. What homeowner financial assistance is available?
2. The enforcement officer refuses to issue a permit for an addition on my home since it would violate the zoning ordinance. Can I get a variance or special exception so I can expand the building anyway?
3. I want to give ten feet of my lot to my neighbor. Must I submit a subdivision plan?
4. I am having a boundary dispute (disagreement about the location of a property line) with my neighbor. Can you resolve the dispute?
5. Can I keep animals on my property?
6. Do I have to purchase flood insurance?
7. Is my house in a flood plain?
8. What is the zoning of my property?
9. What municipality do I live in?
10. I have water running through my yard when it rains. Who do I contact for help?