The Housing Division of YCPC has been designated by the York County Commissioners to administer various federal, state, and other housing programs.
There are predominately two types of housing programs that the Housing Division administers. The first is those services for the homeless populations in York County.
These programs and services include:
- York City & County Continuum of Care (CoC): The CoC is a local planning body that coordinates housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals. The CoC also has a specialized application process for Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds that require the CoC’s approval and coordinated submission.
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG): Previously referred to as the “Emergency Shelter Grant” this funding source – also from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – seeks to provide funds for emergency housing to the homeless in York County.
- Homeless Management Information System (HMIS): HMIS is a data collection tool mandated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Homeless housing providers utilize this software to enter demographic and program information on those individuals being served by their programs. The Housing Division administers the software and provides technical support, data analysis, and customization for York County.
The second type of housing programs that are administered here are focused predominately on low and moderate income individuals and families. These programs and services include:
- HOME Investment Partnership/ Rental Housing Development Program: This program provides safe, affordable rental housing units for low and moderate income individuals and families.
- Home Improvement Program (HIP): This program provides financial and technical assistance to homeowners who qualify as income-eligible to obtain necessary home repairs through a form of grant or loan with deferred payment.
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP): This program is designed to reduce heating and cooling costs for low-income persons, with priority given to high-energy users, the elderly, people with disabilities, and families with children.
- York Homebuyer Assistance Program: This program provides down payment and closing cost assistance to low and moderate income households in York.
For more information please contact the